We have officially fallen in love with cotton recently. We’ve loved it in our clothes for a long time, but it wasn’t until recently that we’ve seen it pop up in decorating. Here’s are the reasons it’s fun to use:
- It’s a super easy way to add height. I found this pic on Singbird Blog here. She used a stem to add height to her mantel. See how the stems go up to the height of the other things on her wall? It helps to balance everything so she doesn’t have a bunch of little, low items.
- They go with any style decor. I’ve seen them in Farmhouse style rooms, French rooms, cottage designs, and more. Here’s what my mom, Angie did with her cotton.
- It can be mixed with other flowers, like dried hydrangea in an arrangement.
- Cotton doesn’t seem to have a season. It looks great in the summer and it looks awesome if you mix it into Fall arrangements. We have mixed it with dried leaves for Fall and pine for Christmas. Here’s a Fall example:
5. It’s not expensive! It’s $9 for a stem(which consists of a few little stems) which is pretty full and wired. We can ship some to you. Here’s where you can order-http://thewhiterabbitstl.com/product/large-cotton-stem/
If you haven’t played with cotton yet, you should really try it! We promise you can’t go wrong! For those of you who have used it, I’d love to hear your ideas too! -Lindsay